The top five highest levels of appreciation in our area were all over 42%.
Today I’m excited to go over the zip codes in our area that saw the most appreciation in home value over the past year. I’m judging this based on the sales numbers from the first three months of 2021 compared to the first three months of 2022. Here are the top five winners:
1. 92067, Rancho Santa Fe. They had an appreciation of 63.7% in their median home value over the last year. Their median home value is now $4.78 million.
2. 92014, Del Mar. They had an appreciation of 58%. They have a $3.6 million median price point now.
3. 92129, Rancho Penasquitos. They had a 45.3% appreciation. Their median home value is now $1.39 million.
4. 92010, North Carlsbad. They had a 45.3% appreciation and now stand at a $1.48 million median price point.
5. 92130, Carmel Valley. They had an appreciation of 42.5%. Their median price point is $2.5 million.
Honorable mention goes to Borrego Springs, which isn’t a part of our direct market area, but had over 80% appreciation, raising their median price point to $500,000. Del Sur, Forest Ranch, Rancho Bernardo West, Oceanside, Bonita, and Chula Vista also saw great appreciation in the past year. Honestly, if you owned real estate in the San Diego area, you were a big winner.
If you have any questions, reach out to me by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.